This one day course is delivered by our staff who have relevant qualifications and vast experience in the field of vehicle safety from within both the military and
civilian fields - specifically in relation to operating vehicles and recovering vehicles in remote environments.
The course utilises case studies and good practice. it is heavily practical in content and covers:
- Contracting with local transport providers, indemnity contracts and insurance.
- Driver qualifications and records
- Driver numbers required for duration of travel
- Assessing driver competence and suitability including warning signs
- Vehicle suitability for purpose
- Vehicle safety assessment - what to look for - what is and is not acceptable
- Checks, each time vehicle is used, daily, weekly and longer term checks
- Maintenance regimes
- Recording checks
- Safety culture in your organisation - enforcing vehicle safety policies
- Driver code of conduct, minor and major infractions and enforcement
- Practical vehicle safety assessment sessions.
- Standard documentation for your organisation to implement.